Sound Tech & PA Training for Churches
A comprehensive 4-disc DVD set covering everything you need to know about audio in your church
Produced in collaboration with Musicademy, SFL’s 4-disc training DVD set contains over 9 hours of material and covers everything you need to know about audio in your church.
Perfect for training newcomers to sound engineering and also for old hands who want to make the most of their acoustic space and PA equipment.
A comprehensive guide to live audio: mics, mixing, system set-up and acoustics
- Sound techs and mix engineers developing their skills
- Churches wanting to upgrade or get the best out of their sound system
- Overcoming loudness, feedback and building acoustics issues
This 4-DVD course covers:
- The hierarchy of importance for sound systems
- How do I plug it all in?
- What’s the best way to set up a system?
- What should I buy next?
- Troubleshooting – why am I not getting any sound?
- Spoken word vocals, sung vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar amps, bass guitar, keyboards and pianos, orchestral instruments, drums and percussion
Which Mic should I use?
- Dynamic, condenser & wireless mics
- How to work with echoey buildings
- Acoustic treatment
- Choosing the right speaker system for your church
- Speaker types, efficiency & placement
- What do all the controls on the desk do?
- How do I create a good mix?
- EQ’ing instruments
- Using compressors/gates
- Running sound checks from the desk
- Mixing foldback monitors
- It’s too loud – what can I do?
- Setting sound pressure levels
- Controlling musician’s stage levels
“An affordable, user-friendly means to train your tech team. This comprehensive package of over nine hours of video instruction is a value-added, cost-effective way to train your team.”
Worship Leader Magazine, Jan/Feb 2015