Line Array Theory & Design
Next course: Date TBC
This course is aimed at more experienced sound engineers and systems engineers wanting to expand their knowledge of high-end audio system design.
This course covers the theory behind professional line array loudspeaker solutions from d&b audiotechnik. We will cover everything you need to know in order to understand the deployment of Line Array Speaker Systems. This course will be based around case studies, principles and examples using:
- d&b T Series
- d&b Y Series
- d&b V Series
- d&b J Series
Students will learn how to use the d&b ArrayCalc software tool to model basic venue spaces and deploy systems.
- Review of traditional PA systems and clusters
- Review of dispersion rules, pattern control and SPL efficiency
- Review of best practices with speaker system design
- Understanding Line Array Theory
- Spherical and cylindrical wave front models
- Introducing the d&b audiotechnik line array speaker systems
- Investigating real world line array designs
- Plotting and calculating SPL distribution with d&b ArrayCalc
- Introduction to d&b ArrayProcessing
There are no required prerequisites for this course but students will find the ‘Acoustics for Live Sound Engineers’ course a helpful introduction to the topic.
How to book
Check back soon for booking information
Cost £30 per person (inc. VAT)